Granite is a natural product that is created in the ground over millions of years. It is therefore natural to expect variations in shading, veining and finish. In some materials, imperfections, “pitting” and even fossils can be apparent; these are in no way considered faults and are part of the natural beauty of granite and marble. All granite, marble and other materials are sold subject to natural variations in colour, shade, veining and the amount of brecciation; they are stopped, filled, reinforced, etc in accordance with normal trade practices. Samples should therefore be looked upon as a colour indication only. When the stone is extracted from the quarry the blocks are not a standard size. If pieces required cannot be cut in one, we reserve the right to place a joint in the most appropriate position.
The price calculated using the online quote or by sending a kitchen plan is a very accurate guide price based on your measurements provided. Once the templates have been done the quotation and final price is confirmed. Please note the initial quote will only change if when we come out to template, the measurements and your requirements change from the original online quote, kitchen plan or any other form of communication.
Payment & Price
An Initial deposit is required once you place the order. The remainder of the balance is due on confirmation of an installation date. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been confirmed. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
We will endeavour to deliver and fit granite worktops within 7-10 working days after templating subject to material availability. Any dates we specify or guarantee for templating, delivery and installation of our products are approximate only and we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by any delay for templating, delivery and installation of our products.
Templating & Installation
1. Before we come to template you need to ensure all cabinets are level have sufficient braces and are secured firmly to the wall.
2. Make sure you know the final location of sinks, hobs, taps or any other fittings required and have these available on site.
3. Slight tolerances in overhangs and thickness are to be expected. Our fitting team may also need to chop out plaster. Every care is made when conducting such operations, but Croydon Granite does not take any responsibility for plaster damage and it is the responsibility of the customer to make good these areas. Walls are rarely straight and as such natural wall gaps may occur it is the customer’s responsibility to fill the gaps if these appear after installation. It is therefore advisable to have upstands fitted unless the customer intends to tile.
4. Information supplied by the customer to Croydon Granite such as templates, cut out dimensions, overhangs, splashbacks, and positioning of cut outs at the time of templating or prior or subsequently given by other methods of communication is the customer’s responsibility and no liability whatsoever can be taken for incorrectly advised dimensions.
5. Most granite supplied by Croydon Granite is 30mm in thickness and most hobs supplied by manufacturers are in excess of this measurement. In the event that the fitters need to alter the cabinets by routing / cutting out sections or providing extra braces the fitters reserve the right to charge additional costs at time of installation.
6. Prior to Templating and installing all temporary work surfaces must be removed, all sinks, hobs and taps must be disconnected, if this is not done, we reserve the right to charge for this work to be carried out.
7. Any work carried out after templating such as plastering the walls or changing the location of cabinets, hobs, sinks and taps can affect the finished product. Thus, we reserve the right to charge for this to be rectified.
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information, taxes or duty changes, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If you have already been charged a deposit and we subsequently cancel your order, we will immediately give you a full refund.
All materials supplied remain the property of Croydon Granite until payment has been received in full.